For many, travel is a calling of the soul. They can’t resist the need to explore new places, experience different cultures, meet new people, and try new things. Due to the coronavirus, it may be cheaper to travel now than it was before, but you still need money to travel, especially outside the country.
A lot of times, a full-time job is not enough to fund your hobbies and interests, and travel is one expensive passion. It’s a good thing that there are plenty of side gigs you can try to save for your travel plans. Here are some flexible jobs you can try now.
Try Freelance Writing
If you’ve got a way with words, try freelance writing. There are tons of people and organizations needing copies and content for their websites, books, products, and others. You can earn a decent amount by writing blog posts, reviews, product descriptions, and social media posts.
Not a writer? Don’t worry; there are plenty of freelance jobs for other knowledge workers. Editors, designers, developers, and social media managers are high in demand in the gig economy.
Head to freelance platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com to find gigs. LinkedIn also has a lot of employers looking for freelancers. If you haven’t got an account, go create one now.
Make sure to prepare samples or a portfolio of your work to show to recruiters. Decide on your rates too. You can research the standard rates of other freelancers to find a benchmark for yours.
One of the best ways to find legitimate freelance work is through a referral from friends. If you know someone who has been freelancing for some time, try to ask them about how and where to find reliable freelance jobs. Maybe they’ll even refer you to trusted employers.
Start A Photography Business
Got a passion for taking beautiful pictures? Start your own photography business to earn some extra cash for your future travels. You don’t need to open a studio or a printing shop for this business venture.
Here are several ways to earn your travel fund with photography:
- Sell your pictures on stock photography sites, like ShutterStock, iStock, and BigStock.
- Sell your travel photography stories to magazines, newspapers, and publications.
- Sell photo prints online through your own website or an online marketplace.
- Try freelance photography for weddings and special occasions.
- License your photos through Flickr and Getty images.
- Build a photography blog featuring your travels.
There are many ways to make money with photography without investing a huge sum of money. All that you really need is your photography equipment.
Get Paid for Doing Simple Online Tasks
Because of the internet, earning money without doing tough work is now possible for everyone. You don’t need special skills or qualifications to do simple tasks that pay a decent amount. These tasks include answering surveys, choosing pictures, transcribing audio materials, or trying products.
Here are some platforms that pay you for doing simple tasks online:
- Mechanical Turk is a crowdsourcing marketplace run by Amazon. You can register an account and accomplish simple tasks, like choosing pictures that depict buses, to get paid. The more tasks you complete, the more money you make.
- InboxDollars pays you for doing everyday online activities. You can get paid by answering surveys, watching videos, playing games, and reading emails. They also have cash-back programs and coupons for online shopping.
- Swagbucks is similar to InboxDollars. The company pays you for doing things you normally do online. You can answer consumer surveys and redeem gift cards from Amazon, Target, iTunes, and more.
Be An Online English Tutor
Are you patient and good at explaining things? Do you have a good grasp of English grammar? Do you have tutoring or teaching experience? If the answer to all these questions is yes, you should try working as an online English-language tutor.
Currently, there is a huge demand for English-language tutors. Many Asian students and professionals from China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Vietnam are taking online English lessons to improve their communication skills in the language for school and work.
You can apply as an English teacher or tutor on these websites:
You need a bachelor’s degree to apply as an English teacher on the site above. Some companies may require a TESOL or equivalent certificate. If you want to make a career of this, consider investing in a TESOL certificate. The better your qualifications, the higher pay you’ll get.
Making money is no walk in the park, but with the internet, you can earn a few bucks without sacrificing too much time and energy. If you’re determined to make your travel plans a reality, you should try the moneymaking side gigs listed here. All these jobs can be done. Even the photography business can be run without leaving your house if you already have photos you can sell.