This is the best appetizer for sharing! I am bringing you an awesome 7 Layer Dip, served in mini cups for a less mess celebration. Best part of this snack is that it is easy to make for individuals, aka for much smaller gatherings. This works for 2 -12 people, depending on how much you want to make.
My 7 layer dip recipe has been created to yield 12 individual servings. To scale this recipe, use approximately two tablespoons each of refried beans, guacamole, and sour cream per 5-oz. appetizer cup. Then top each cup with chopped 3-4 cherry or grape tomatoes, one tablespoon cheese, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
I mean honestly, how easy peasy is that? Plus as a bonus, keeping it in mini cups allows for less fuss, less mess and thus less cleanup. Woohoo who doesn’t love that idea??
Prep time time is minimal and only takes 10 minutes and clean up is a dream. And as a special bonus… cook time is non-existent!
7 Layer Dip Cups
- Medium mixing bowl
- Medium knife
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 bag of blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 avocados (large)
- 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 12 oz. refried beans (canned)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out with a spoon into a large bowl. Add garlic and lime juice, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Mash with a fork until thoroughly blended and smooth. Cover tightly and set aside.
- Add the sour cream, chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder to a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble, add approximately two tablespoons refried beans to the bottom of each cup with a small spoon, followed by a layer of guacamole and the seasoned sour cream (two tablespoons each), in each cup.
- Finish each cup with a layer of chopped tomatoes, followed by one tablespoon finely shredded Mexican cheese blend, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.