I love to bake but I will confess I am what is referred to as a sporadic baker and a binge baker, once I start I can’t stop. Today I am sharing Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies.
‘Tis true… I am about to embark on a baking frenzy but for now I am sticking to a cross season selection. I do love a cookie that spans the season, like my Swedish Strips. A raspberry delight that doesn’t need to wait till the holidays to be served. Nice insert, right? A Raspberry cookie to match my Peanut Butter delights.
The Perfect Cookie
First of all I am a huge fan of Peanut Butter cookies. I mean isn’t everyone? Well actually, I know the answer to that, NOPE. Kent is not a PB fan at all meaning if I make these, I eat them all. Not that there is anything wrong with eating them all. Well, it might not be the healthiest choice but they are delicious.
Peanut butter cookies are so good but with my lack of will power I limit having them around. It used to be that I splurged every so often at Tim Horton’s. Ordering a single gooey cookie with my tea as a treat. This recipe is the closest I have found to my Tim Horton’s Peanut Butter Cookie. Ironically mine have double the calories oops. But if you made the cookies smaller they would be comparable.
*Fast Fact: Calories in a Tim Horton’s Peanut Butter Cookie: Ever wonder how many calories a Tim Horton’s Peanut Butter Cookie has? I have often. It actually contains 280 calories and 24 g of carbs. No more than a chocolate bar but far more satisfying. If you use my recipe but make smaller cookies you have the TH Delight at home… whenever you desire.
Delicious And Gooey Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter *softened
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts *divided
- Place oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat and set aside.
- Mix the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!