This marshmallow pancake stack is topped with bourbon blueberry compote and spiked syrup! Kent was surfing the web and discovered that Makers Mark had created some simply amazing recipes. Well you know me, let’s try it out and share the results… demonstrating once again all these amazing dishes are for real life people too.
This sweet breakfast treat would seem to be just as great for supper, dinner lunch or maybe even the morning after. In fact I think it was originally shared as the “Morning After” breakfast. The key as always is planning and prepping. For a morning after you will want to make everything he night before.
Morning After Marshmallow Pancake Stack
I am pretty sure we have never followed a recipe down to a T, meaning we like to create a ” Larmond Street” adaptation. For today’s specialty we followed precisely both the syrup and compote recipe but the pancakes not so much. Kent has had a favourite pancake recipe that we always use. In fact, I may have shared it a few times already. Talk about going overboard, our pancakes have Bailey’s in them so this is truly not for under 19 (or 21).
Why You Must Try This Marshmallow Pancake Stack
It’s a rich decadent breakfast that you will love. It will serve between 2-4 people, depending on how hungry (or hungover) you are. Prep time is 30 minutes but you can prepare the syrup and compote in advance cutting your time down to just making pancakes. Presentation is everything so don’t create and assemble your own buffet… dazzle them with ‘fully prepared’ stacks. Thanks to Go Bourbon for the inspiration.
Before preparing the blueberry compote and spiked syrup, please check out this delicious pancake recipe and follow instructions for pancake preparation.
Have fun and enjoy this recipe!
Marshmallow Pancake Stack with Blueberry Compote
- 10 oz. Maker's Mark bourbon
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 3 cups Fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp. Whole cloves
- 1 tbsp. minced orange peel
- 1 jar Marshmallow "fluff"
- For bourbon blueberry compote, combine 4 oz. of the bourbon with the sugar and heat over medium heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Add the berries and cook until they start breaking down and the mixture thickens slightly (about 15 minutes). Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 4 minutes. Stir in 2 oz. of remaining bourbon and lemon juice.
- For spiked syrup, combine the maple syrup, cinnamon, clove and orange peel in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium-high heat to a simmer then remove from the heat and allow the syrup and aromatics to steep for 20 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan. Gently warm the syrup over low heat. Add the butter and 4 oz. Maker’s Mark bourbon and stir until well blended. Serve warm.
- To make a pancake stack, place a pancake on a plate and top that pancake with a few tablespoons of marshmallow cream. Add another pancake and top again with a few tablespoons of marshmallow cream. Add a third pancake to the stack. Brush generously with melted butter Top the pancake stack with the Bourbon Blueberry Compote and then drizzle generously with Spiked Syrup. Serve immediately!