One of the best things about Summer BBQ is Potato Salad. We really adore this special salad dish. Not kidding here folks, even Kent who hates mayonnaise loves my potato salad. This is one of the easiest dishes you will make and guests will love it. Best part of this recipe is the adaptability, measure by sight and taste. And did you know this is salad is in the top 10 uses of potatoes, I spud you not.
A Potato Salad Recipe Perfect For A BBQ Side Dish
Saturday was a beautiful sunny day and Kent decided Pulled Pork and salad would be appropriate for supper. Sadly the pork did not shred as it should but it tasted delicious. As sides we opted for Coleslaw and potato salad. Is there anything better with a pulled pork than great side salads? You might also want to try my Dorito Salad for a real kick.
I am actually not a fan of store purchased potato salad but my homemade, well that is awesome. Yep I sound a tad arrogant but it is pretty darn good. Plus simple and quick.
How Do I make a Creamy Potato Salad?
The key to making a creamy potato salad is working with the potatoes while they are still warm. Make sure they cool slightly but start blending the ingredients before the spuds have cooled off. Personally I like mine creamy but Kent likes cubed so I usually let them cool down first. Extra tip, add a dash more mayo and seasoning.
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe
- Large pot
- Potato peeler
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Large mixing Bowl
- Mixing spoon
- 8 Peeled and cubed potatoes
- 6 Hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Sweet Relish
- 1-2 tsp. Salt *start with 1 and add more if needed
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper *add more if needed
- Smoked Paprika *This is a garnish, but you can add to mix if desired
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2" cubes
- Boiled cubed potatoes with 6 whole eggs (this saves time!)
- Once cooked, strain contents and peel eggs
- Chop up eggs and add to drained potatoes. Remember to set aside 1-2 eggs for garnish
- Add mayo, mustard and relish to bowl and mix
- Add salt and pepper (to taste) and stir mix
- Top with chopped remaining boiled eggs
- Sprinkle with paprika