Cornflake Fried Chicken?!
When cereal for breakfast is so right, you cant go wrong! Get the comfort of fried chicken with out the grease, calories, or mess. Try this super simple and fun recipe at a dinner table near you.
Even if you’ve made similar chicken at home, this is a game changer! Martha Stewart has her own recipe with cornflake crusted fried chicken- except hers is fried in grease and ours is oven baked. Winning!
A Little Spice Never hurt Anyone
No matter what you’re making, please don’t forget to add spices! Nobody needs another bland starch dish! We use garlic, onion, black pepper, paprika and salt. Feel free to experiment but remember: spices are the spice of life!
Let’s get you the recipe!
Cornflake Crusted Oven Fried Chicken
- Medium baking pan
- 2 shallow pans/dinner plates
- Large ziploc bag
- Rolling Pin
- Meat tenderizer (may also use rolling pin to pound meat)
- 16 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Cornflakes
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Spices (each: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper and onion)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Tenderize and flatten chicken as much as possible
- Add cornflakes, panko bread crumbs and spices to ziploc bag
- Use rolling pin to crush cornflakes and mix ingredients
- Empty well crushed and mixed bag contents onto plate
- Whip 2 eggs and place mixture on plate/in shallow pan
- Dip chicken breast into egg mixture
- Dip and coat both sides of chicken with cornflake/bread crumb mixture
- Place chicken on baking sheet and pop into preheated oven
- Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through
- Place chicken in broiler for 1-3 minutes on either side to make chicken crispy
Don’t forget to pour yourself a drink and enjoy!