Coconut Curry Golden Potatoes You Say?
Potatoes and rice. Two of my favorite side dishes to any entree typically paired with a protein or double veggies. Most of the time I dedicate the savory to the main dish or veggies but why can’t we show some extra savory love to our starches? This time I got inspired to put a spin on my golden mini potatoes.
Don’t Be Afraid Of Curry
There are three common curries you’ve probably heard of: yellow, red and green. These are Thai, but the curry world is so much larger than that. With dozens of types, you’ve likely heard of some of those and don’t even know it! Vindaloo, Tikka Masala, Saag… the list goes on. Curry powder is easy to find and way more versatile than many think. Be adventurous, and dabble with it if you never have before. Even Amazon will bring different types right to your door! (If you’re still not willing to try curry and you have potatoes on hand, try this recipe for homemade potato salad!)
Let’s get to this quick and simple coconut curry golden potatoes recipe!
Coconut Curry Golden Potatoes
- Medium pot
- Medium kitchen knife
- Measuring Spoons
- 10-12 mini golden potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk reduced or full fat
- 2-3 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- In a medium pot, empty your coconut milk and using that can pour half a can of water into your pot. Set to boil at medium heat
- Cut your potatoes at an angle for longer slices of potatoes
- Boil potatoes in coconut milk/water mixture for 7-10 minutes. Once boiled, remove some of the liquid so that the potatoes have just enough to cover them and reduce heat to low
- Add your curry powder, celery salt, garlic and red peppers. Stir gently so your potatoes don’t break. Add in your fresh chopped parsley and add more red peppers if you’re feeling spicy!