What’s Happening In Week 3 Of Manopause Fantasy Football?
This is the week of the back up quarterback. There were a slew of quarterback injuries in week two that are forcing some well known QBs to pause and some lesser-knowns to move to the forefront of NFL offenses in week three.
- Andy Dalton went down for the Chicago Bears, so we have rookie Justin Fields getting his first start this week.
- The Miami Dolphins will run out back up quarterback Jacoby Brissett due to Tua Tagovailoa’s fractured ribs.
- The Houston Texans are going to give unknown back up to the back up David Mills a shot after losing Tyrod Taylor and having Deshaun Watson riding the bench for another week due to his personal legal problems.
- Carson Wentz of the Indianapolis Colts went down with not one but two sprained ankles last week.
- Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr and Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers are both planning on starting on Sunday but both also wound up banged up after week two with Carr hurting his knee and Big Ben injuring his pectoral muscle, so I would seriously consider benching them both and finding a serviceable back-up this week just to see if they survive the weekend.
This Weeks Sit And Start Quarterbacks
Miami Dolphins Jacoby Brissett or Las Vegas Raiders Derek Carr?
This one’s closer than you may think. Jacoby Brissett played his way into a contract in Indianapolis and then landed on the Dolphins bench as a QB2, so he has the ability to step up and have a few good games in the absence of Tua Tagovailoa. That being said, I’d still go with Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders simply because they have a better offensive line and more weapons for Carr to work with.
Final Answer: Start Carr, Sit Brissett
The Houston Texans David Mills or the Chicago Bears Justin Fields?
This one’s also trickier than it seems. You would think to just go with Justin fields purely on his skill set, but David Mills has more weapons on offense so I’m still leaning towards Justin fields on the fact that I think he’ll be more impressive with his legs than Mills.
Final Answer: Sit David Mills, Start Justin Fields
Matt Stafford of the Detroit Lions or Lamar Jackson of the Baltimore ravens?
This one’s a no-brainer to me since Matthew Stafford is playing against the Tampa Bay buccaneers defense and Lamar Jackson has The Detroit Lions. I would definitely go with Jackson. Matthew Stafford has more weapons to choose from but Lamar Jackson has more rushing yards than some NFL teams altogether.
Final Answer: Start Lamar Jackson, Sit Matthew Stafford
Kirk Cousins of the Minnesota Vikings or Jared Goff of the Detroit Lions?
I think Goff is going to have a difficult time going up against the Baltimore Ravens Defense and Cousins has no slouch taking on the Seattle Seahawks, but at the end of the day I think Cousins (along with Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen) will rise to the moment more than Jared Goff and his offense.
Final Answer: Start Kirk Cousins, sit Jared Goff
Ryan Tannehill of The Tennessee Titans, Daniel Jones of the NY Giants or Jacob Eason of The Indianapolis Colts?
I simply do not trust Ryan Tannehill (even with Derrick Henry) against the Colts Defense this week and Jacob Eason is a totally unproven commodity, so I would reluctantly start Daniel Jones as he seems to be the lesser of three evils. They’re taking on a bad Atlanta Falcons defense and he has Sequon Barkley.
Final Answer: Start Daniel Jones (I can’t believe I just said that), sit Tannehill and Eason.
NEXT WEEK: Changing your Defense and Kicker mid season do’s and don’t’s.