It is a Sunday in January so I of course am watching football. And just maybe thinking about tasty snacks. OK totally kidding you I am eating tasty snacks. What is it about football and delicious dips? Today I am snacking on a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip that is easily made in the crockpot. Telling myself it is healthy and good for me because I am dipping veggies in it.
Now if veggies aren’t your jam this works with any carb loaded snack you want. I use the veggies because it justifies in my mind excess amounts of dip. Bread, Crackers and chips fill you up faster. Just remember this is quick to get started but you do want to give the chicken time to cook, so get up and get this brewing.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is one of the tastiest dips I have had in a while. Almost makes me forget about my Rotel Dip, lol. Kidding nothing makes me forget my Rotel but this one sure comes close in favourites. A tasty Chicken Dip that is the perfect appetizer for game day.
This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for tailgaiting parties and other informal get-togethers. Best of all you just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker crock, turn it on, and viola! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love.
The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also be served with crackers or crispy bread.
Time Saver Idea: This can be made with precooked chicken or ready to serve chicken and then you will only need about a half hour plus in the crockpot. I have used the left over chicken from the night before, shred it and toss it in.
Crockpot Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 Medium size crockpot *5-6 quarts
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Kitchen knife
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 stalks finely chopped celery
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 6 oz. blue cheese crumbles, divided *you can use cheddar if you prefer
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- celery, carrots, or crackers/bread for dipping
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese (or cheddar) to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low
- 30-45 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted
- Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks and carrot sticks or crackers.
- Tip: You may need to add additional chicken broth before serving to achieve desired consistency.
- Time Saver Idea: This can be made with precooked chicken or ready to serve chicken and then you will only need about a 30-45 minutes in the crockpot. I have used the left over chicken from the night before, shred it and toss it in.