Summer is all about Grilling, well actually in our house grilling is an all season event lol. Many people focus of BBQ only during warm weather and that is OK, sadly they have no idea what they are missing. There is something about a grilled steak or burger in mid January that helps the winter doldrums. But grilling is perfected any time of year only if you have the perfect Hot’n Saucy BBQ Sauce.
My secret ingredient is fresh brewed coffee, making the sauce a tasty additin to any dish. Coffee is not just for drinking it is also for sauce and burgers.
Now How Do I Make It?
Creating the perfect sauce for your BBQ vents is simple and easy. Plus this tasty concoction will last three weeks in the fridge.
Hot’n Saucy BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz. Melitta® Colombian Coffee brewed and chilled
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- In a large non-reactive saucepan, combine the cooled coffee, tomato paste, water, mustard, horseradish, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, butter, pepper, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a quick boil over high heat.
- Stir and blend well. Reduce the heat and simmer over very low heat, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes. Can use as a marinade or as a sauce to top steaks, pork chops, chicken or ribs hot off the grill.
- *Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.